19. January 2012 12:55
With Australia Day just around the corner, on January 26th in fact, be prepared to put your best Aussie bush hat on and get stuck in to celebrate 224 years for Down Under.
Pioneers and Superstars – Friday, January 27, 2012
Join in the celebration of Australia Day with a wine tasting that explores the long history and success of her 188 year old wine industry. house wine and Pioneers and Superstars will feature over 120 wines from 37 wineries. You will discover producers who helped shape the industry as we know it now, and, as the face of Australian wine continues to change, those who are leading the charge forward. Treat your palate in Penfolds’ Luxury Lounge (for some of Australia’s most iconic wines), sample new wines from Bird in Hand, Cumulus, Fraser Gallop, Plunkett Fowles and Tscharke and toast pioneers such as Casella, De Bortoli, Langmeil, Lindemans and Peter Lehmann.
The following are just some of the highlights.
- 2010 Brokenwood, Semillon, Hunter Valley, $24
- n/v Buller, Fine Old Muscat, Victoria, $40
- 2009 Grant Burge, ‘Filsell’, Shiraz, Barossa, $43
- 2007 Greenstone, Shiraz, Heathcote, $39
- 2008 Penfolds, ‘Yattarna’, Chardonnay, Tasmania/Adelaide, $110
- 2006 Peter Lehmann, ‘Eight Songs’, Shiraz, Barossa, $45
- 2010 Plunkett Fowles, ‘Ladies who Shoot their Lunch’, Riesling, Strathbogie Ranges, $40
- 2008 Rosemount, ‘Balmoral’, Syrah, McLaren Vale, $75
- 2009 Shaw + Smith, Sauvignon Blanc, Adelaide Hills, $30
- 2005 Tahbilk, ‘Eric Stevens Purbrick’, Cab Sauvignon, Nagambie Lakes, $60
- 2009 Wirra Wirra, ‘RSW’, Shiraz, McLaren Vale, $59
- 2007 Wolf Blass, Black Label, Cab Sauvignon, Shiraz, Malbec, Langhorne/Barossa Valley/McLaren Vale, $100
Be prepared for plenty of surprises as Australia pulls out all the stops on her 224th birthday!
Date: Friday, January 27th, 2012
Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Venue: Harrison Galleries
901 Homer Street, Vancouver, BC